My Signature Carbonara

1:31 PM

I love Carbonara! I learned how to cook this dish from my former beau's mom and simplified it using my own recipe and skill hahahahaha. So from that day onwards, my Carbonara has never left the menu when we have a gathering/party/special event going on at home. My family loves it, especially my lola who loves it so much she tried to prepare it on her own but sadly, she said it did not taste the same way I made it. So I'm gonna share my recipe for this dish, a bit different from the usual recipe, but hey, this is how I like my Carbonara to be. ^_^



Let's start with the very simple ingredients:
1/4 slice of butter
1/2 cup of grated cheese
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 small pack of nestle cream
1 can of sliced mushroom
1 cup of sliced cooked ham
1/2 kilo of pasta



First things first, cook the pasta. I used the traditional spaghetti pasta for this one. Others prefer to use the linguine pasta but for some weird reason, my Carbonara tasted funny.. :-/


Next, saute the butter and enjoy the smell. LOL.


Add in the sliced ham first, then the sliced mushroom next. Keep on sauteing until both the ham and the mushroom is cooked.


Once cooked, add milk. It will come up as yellowish in color because of the butter of course, then next is the cream and lastly, add the cream of mushroom. Double the cream of mushroom to add flavor for your sauce.


Keep on stirring to avoid the sauce from sticking to the bottom. You'll know it's done if the sauce is thick and frothy. :)

See how simple it is? :) Tada! You now know how I do my Carbonara! ^_^ I'm always looking forward to share this to many people and I'm so happy everyone likes it! :) I also remembered Shy who also said he likes my Carbonara hehe...hey...I missed your pancakes and buffalo wings... :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments