Banapple Dream

12:06 PM

I know this is a late post but I just found out that Banapple is celebrating their 3rd year anniversary recently so I'm gonna share my thoughts on this awesome restaurant. I went there with my good friends who also have the same Banapple cravings with me. We went to their quaint Katipunan branch (the one with a second floor) 'coz the first one was already full. The branch that's closest to me is actually the Ayala Triangle branch but we were on some road trip at that time so we went to the Katipunan branch instead.


The place is very small, you need to wait for your turn to be seated due to a lot of people coming in. I like the interior of their restaurant, and though the space is small, it's cozy and it feels homey. The space at the counter is too small and the queue reaches the door already hehe..


I was greeted by these baskets of muffins, I couldn't resist buying some to take home with me! I took home a Banana Nut Muffin and a Chocolate-Chip cookie. Muffins and cookies costs Php70 each.


Oh the glass case of cake-y goodness. I had a long time choosing what to order 'coz everything looked so delicious! From their Cheecakes to Chocolate Fudge cakes, everything looks so tempting. I don't wanna be a 'takaw-tingin' again (I'm always like that when I eat out :( ) so I ordered a slice of their Blueberry Cheesecak and a slice of Two-Nut Caramel Cheesecake.



Garlic Beef Tapa with Creamed Parsley Eggs (Php 170.00) My friend ordered this one. It's a shala twist of your good 'ol tapsilog. The egg tastes creamy and milky, while the meat is served tender. A little salty, but it's from Banapple, you'll forget that this is just like tapsilog :P


Pan-fried Porkloin with Herb Mushroom Gravy (Php 180.00)
Looks like mechado to me. LOL.



This is their famous Banoffee pie (Php 95.00) From the name itself, I thought it has something coffee in it, which I usually hate in my food. But stupid me, it's just a name LOL, the cake is so good, the icing is not too sweet and the mix of the banana slices together with the cake's crust makes it sooo wonderful.


Kiririn loves the packaging of their take-home goodies :)


Bacon Fried Chicken Steaks with Milk'shroom Gravy (Php 175.00)
I ordered this for the love of anything with white mushroom sauce on it. The gravy is just right, not too salty either. It's true to it's name, there's some milk-ish and creamy after taste at every bite. The bacon bits is a good addition, I made it as a rice topping hahaha. I've also observed how their rice was creatively served in a gellatin mold (yeah, not the usual cup of rice shape) and it has bits of parsley or whatever at the top. Looks appetizing indeed. :)


Lasagna Rollups (Php 180.00)
The only pasta dish we ordered that night. I was tempted to try their Carbonara but when I saw how big their serving is, I choose to satisfy myself with their rice meals instead. Maybe I'll try it some other time. I hate how the bread on the side was served too hard and the butter spread was a failure. Like they rushed to put it on this plate. I dunno if it's just me who's looking for more creaminess on this dish but yeah, it tastes good for a lasagna. I still prefer white sauce on my pasta dish :P


Two Nut Caramel Cheesecake (Php 105.00)
I told myself I will never eat anything with caramel on it but this one's an exception. It does not taste anything like it at all! :D I find it too sweet though.


Blueberry Cheesecake (Php 100.00)
I love this! I used to hate cheesecakes (but not anymore after I tasted Calea's cheesecake in Bacolod), this is like their version of it. I'd like to get this one on my birthday LOL. :)


Even Kiririn likes it. :3

For a complete list of prices on their goodies, you can go to Banapple's website and download the PDF form at the right side of the page. :) Hmmm.. Okay...so now after writing this blog post, I'm officially craving for Banapple again. It's such a dream to taste their good food and I'll definitely go back there again. I also noticed, that place is such a nice spot for a date... I guess I'll ask someone lucky next time hehehe but for now, I'll go there with my family or with friends again. I missed their Carbonara and I'm gonna try the Strawberry Cheesecake next.

You Might Also Like

0 comments